Thursday, January 12, 2012


Goa- There cant be in a better place for Indian vacation

I have never been to Brazil but I have met/interacted/loved some most amazing people from there. I have always felt that Brazilians are one of the warmest people I have met and mainland shares a lot of things with my birth country India.


Anyway, this blog is about Goa. “Goa” or the “India Beach town” as most Indians or foreigners are aware of. It is indeed one of the beautiful places in India and definitely calls for a visit more than once a lifetime.
And yes I am writing this article as a promise I made to my friends and of course share my love for Goa.

Tip#1 Sadly, the travel websites and trip advisor don’t work that great in India and to find the really good places you have to ask the locals.

Historically, it is one of the last states to gain independence in India in year 1970. What makes more Goa interesting is the fact that it is only state in India that was ruled by the Portuguese and not the British. You can see the effect in the language but probably a bit more in the culture. Remember as I said Goa-Portuguse-Brazil_amazingpeople, I think there is strong correlation/bias.
Georgraphically, Goa is separated as North and South Goa.  Both of them have beautiful beaches. For this trip all my explorations had been restricted to northern and usually considered tourist side of Goa

Scooty- Rs300-rs 500 a day, perfect !




Anyway, I will move down to how I spend my time in Goa as I had promised to some of you. Also, this should help one to find a beautiful, relaxing and “less crowded beach in Goa”.





1. Calungate Beach
2. Marcela Beach
Before you start reading further classify yourself as one of the tourists and what are you pursuing in Goa.

11. You are in Goa because you want are on vacation to relax. It won’t bother you if you spend all day at a beach and still paying for a 3- star resort (Rs3k-5k/$60-$100) or $15 a day for village hut. But the beautiful sunrise and the sunset can mesmerize you and the calmness here from the “busier” world is amazing. This is also more suitable for people going for yoga, meditation and sun bathing on the beach. #yoga,#dontlikecrowds.


  2. You have heard a lot about Goa and you want to see it. You are here with lots of friends/family and want to see the beaches people talk about. You have 3 day break from work and want to party harder.

I spend a couple days like 2 and rest like 1, which means in first two days and at the busiest time of the year (Christmas new year week) I went to see the Calungate beach, went for Christmas, dance at club cubana and then the spend the latter half just reading and relaxing on the Margim and the Marcela beach (way up in north Goa)   

Suggested Places to visit and tips:
- First find a good map of north goa, as some beach may not be named unless you are looking a bigger or detailed map.

Here is one :

    












    1. Baga blues: My fav spot in Goa. It is located between baga and calungate beach and hence less crowded. Great music, great              
                                                                    view and good service. 



Sunrise at Marcels beach

Dreamland cafe and hut at Marcela Beach, perfect for sunset

   2.    Margim and Marcela beach: My fav low key beaches for relaxing and sun bathing. There are even huts and cheaper resorts on these beaches to stay. See the three pics above. Once is for sunrise and one for sunset.







3.    Club cubana: Fav spot for house music. Located up on the hill
Discover India for buying old indian wooden art

4.    Discover india: For buying wooden crafts

 5.    Skybar near Ashwem beach: Very relaxed and low key and with a beautiful view of the ocean. Located near Aswem beach and so way north.

    6.    Sat Weekly market: There are a couple weekly markets that happen in Goa. I visited the Sat evening.


    These are few of the places I made to and could still remember. Let me know when you plan your travel there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment